The College of Central London
The College of Central London is classed as one of the best private colleges found in London. Established more than 30 years ago. The College of Central London offers internationally recognised college courses. Courses available include Business Studies, English Courses, Secretarial Courses and Courses in Computer Studies. The College offers courses accredited by (BAC) The British Accreditation Council, (IMIS) Institue for the Management of Information System, EDEXCEL Foundation for BTEC Qualifications, (LCCI) London Chamber of Commerce and Industry Examinations Board, City and Guilds, (AAT) Association of Accounting Technicians, (CIMA) The Chartered Institute of Management Accounting and Pittman Qualificatio
ESL Program Introduction
Our main examination courses prepare students for all levels of the Cambridge exams, being Cambridge Preliminary English Test, Cambridge First Certificate, Cambridge Advanced Certificate, Cambridge Proficiency, University of London Attainment Test in English, TOEFL - Test of English as a Foreign Language.
- Number of ESL Students: 50 - 100
- Average Class Size: 10 - 20
- Hours per Week: 15 Hours
- Minimum Age:
- Housing Options: Homestay Dormitory Apartment
- School Setting: Urban
- Accreditation: The College offers courses accredited by (BAC) The British Accreditation Council, (IMIS) Institue for the Management of Information System, EDEXCEL Foundation for BTEC Qualifications, (LCCI) London Chamber of Commerce and Industry Examinations Board, City and Guilds, (AAT) Association of Accounting Technicians, (CIMA) The Chartered Institute of Management Accounting and Pittman Qualifications
Schedule & Fees
Winter Term 02.01.06 - 13.04.06 , 15 Weeks
Spring Term 02.05.06 - 30.06.06, 9 Weeks
Summer Term 03.07.06 - 22.09.06, 12 Weeks
Autumn Term 25.09.06 - 15.12.06, 12 Weeks
Winter Term 08.01.07 - 05.04.07, 13 Weeks
Spring Term 16.04.07 - 29.09.07, 11 Weeks
Summer Term 02.07.07 - 21.09.07, 12 Weeks
Autumn Term 24.09.07 - 14.12.07, 12 Weeks
Full Time course duration: 15 hours per week
Daytime classes 9.30am- 12.30pm
Afternoon classes 1.00pm- 4.00pm
Business English Classes 9.30am-12.30pm
The below prices are based on 3 hours tuition per day. Students may join English courses on any Monday, subject to availability
1 Week £65
2 Weeks £105
3 Weeks £145
4 Weeks £200
5 Weeks £235
6 Weeks £275
7 Weeks £310
8 Weeks £335
9 Weeks £365
10 Weeks £390
11 Weeks £415
12 Weeks £440
24 Weeks £850
36 Weeks £1190
48 Weeks £1520
Special Courses & Features
- English for Business
- TOEFL Preparation Courses
- Cambridge Examination Courses
Below is a sample list of the different types of accommodation offered with approximate prices. Please indicate which type and price you would prefer so that we can book it for you.
FAMILY ACCOMMODATION (MINIMUM STAY 4 WEEKS)
1) Single room with family: Full board (bed/breakfast/dinner) £95-£120 per week.
2) Shared room with family: Full board £85-£ 90 per week.
3) Room in shared house: Self-catering (usually exclusive of bills) £65-£ 80 per week.
Family accommodation is inclusive of all bills. Use of the telephone varies from family to family. Although most families do not mind incoming calls. For family accommodation could you also please indicate whether or not you smoke, and whether there is any food which you are not able to eat.
Remember also that many families have cats or dogs.
October - June (Walking distance) 2-4 weeks 4-8 weeks 8-12 weeks
1) Bed/breakfast Single room per night £24.00 £21.00 £18.00 (Dinner: £3 extra).
2) Twin room per night £20.00 .£17.00 £14.00.
3) Triple room per night £18.00 £16.00 £13.50.
NB: Please send 25% deposit to book a University room but this is NON REFUNDABLE if you cancel within 2 weeks of arrival. Balance to be paid on arrival.
1 July -1 September only. (Zone 2, 30 minutes from College). prices: self-catering £60 per week / £11 per night ( bedding extra)
Note: YOU MUST PAY YOUR ACCOMMODATION MONEY IN FULL TO BOOK A HOSTEL IN ADVANCE.
There are many hotels within walking distance of the College. Prices vary but are approximately:
1) Single room + breakfast: £30.00 per night not with en suite bathroom.
2) Single room + breakfast: £55.00 per night with en suite bathroom.
There is an accommodation notice board at school with many advertisements for single/double rooms, shared flats, etc. on it. Prices from approximately £40 upwards.NB SCT accommodation is mainly situated in Zone 2 within 30 minutes travel by bus or Underground. A weekly travel card which allows unlimited travel on tube or bus costs £14.80 (Zones 1 & 2). In order to book your accommodation in advance we need:
1) Date and time of arrival.
2) Length of stay.
3) Two weeks rent in advance as a deposit.
4) Full rent for hostel accommodation.
5) Accommodation cancellation fee of £50 is chargeable in the event of cancellation within seven days of arrival.
The College of Central London
73 Great Eastern Street
Tel +44 (0)20 7739 5555
Fax +44 (0)20 7739 5555