The Burlington School of English
The Burlington School of English in London was founded in 1990 to provide high quality and innovative English language courses that incorporates the culture, customs, and language of the United Kingdom. We are here to serve the needs of learners whose first language is not English, to help and assist them improve their English language abilities in order to be successful in their pursuit of their academic, business, and personal goals.
Located in an affluent residential area of Fulham in South-West London, the School benefits from the fashionable neighbourhood of Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, beautiful parks and gardens, delightful local shops and restaurants, and easy access to all the wonders that London has to offer.
With a wide choice of homestay accommodation on offer the school has established itself as a first choice when high standards and location cannot be compromised. We also have to offer a range of fantastic residential accommodation one situated onsite and two others in superb locations, situated only a 10min walk from the school. All accommodation is regularly inspected to ensure the highest standards. The School’s Accommodation and Welfare Officer provides counselling and assistance and is always available for students to discuss any problems that may arise.
Burlington School is located in an attractive three-story building and is one of the largest institutes in London accommodating just over 1000 students from a range of mixed nationalities. Its premises are spacious and classrooms are well equipped. Onsite the school is able to offer, a delightful cafeteria serving breakfast, lunch and dinner at affordable prices, computer facilities or free wireless Internet and a variety of books, CDs and videos which will help students to continue their studies outside the classroom.
All of our teachers are qualified, many of which have years of professional experience, and will provide good quality lessons at all levels (from Beginner to Proficiency). They are supported by our Director of Studies and our administrative staff. The school is a member of English UK, accredited by the British Council and is a registered Trinity Exam Centre.
We are dedicated to:
- providing a quality and cost-effective English language learning experience with the view that language learners have diverse goals and learning styles at all levels of English language competences, from Beginner to Proficiency level
- providing excellent facilities, a choice of affordable quality accommodation, and an interesting and varied social programme
- fostering and promote global communication and cross-cultural understanding between students, host families and members of staff
- offering advice on many student concerns, whether academic, personal, professional, or immigration related
We aim to constantly improve our program to develop a language school to the benefit of its students, partners and members of staff.
We are looking forward to having you as part of our student community and we hope that your experience here will be academically challenging and personally rewarding.
ESL Program Introduction
The school has a number of available courses: general English; exam preparation; TOEIC, TOEFL, IELTS and Cambridge exams: first certificate, advanced and proficiency courses, business English; marketing English, general business English, tourism, Import/Export, and general office English. We also have a range of specialist courses, English for teachers, medical English, cultural studies, English for academic purposes, super study and junior courses. In addition to daily Language Workshops. we offer group lessons and one-to-one tuition - we know you will find something to cater for your needs.
- Number of ESL Students: 150
- Average Class Size: 15
- Hours per Week: 15-25 lessons/week
- Minimum Age: 18
- Housing Options: Homestay Dormitory Apartment
- School Setting: Urban
- Accreditation: British Council
ISI - Independent Schools Inspectorate
Schedule & Fees
Enrollment starting dates: every Monday (excluding Bank Holidays)
School is closed for 2 weeks in Christmas (24 December - 6 January)
Tuition Fees (min. 1 week - max. 52 weeks):
1 week: 15 lessons £192, 20 lessons £210, 25 lessons £262
2 weeks: 15 lessons £255, 20 lessons £319, 25 lessons £437
12 weeks: 15 lessons £1206, 20 lessons £1528, 25 lessons £2080
24 weeks: 15 lessons £1853, 20 lessons £2348, 25 lessons £3196
36 weeks: 15 lessons £2606, 20 lessons £3301, 25 lessons £4494
48 weeks: 15 lessons £3173, 20 lessons £4019, 25 lessons £5472
52 weeks: 15 lessons £3383, 20 lessons £4284, 25 lessons £5833
Special Courses & Features
- English for Business
- English for Law
- English for Medical Professions
- English for Travel Professions
- TOEFL Preparation Courses
- TOEIC Preparation Courses
- IELTS Preparation Courses
- Cambridge Examination Courses
- One-to-One Instruction / Private Lessons
- Courses for Juniors / Teenagers (12 - 16 yrs old)
- Courses for Children (under 12 years old)
The Burlington School of English
1-3 Chesilton Road