Literacy Network is a team of teachers, learners, tutors, volunteers and donors all working together to improve adult literacy in Dane County. Our programs teach reading, writing and speaking skills to Dane County adults and families so they can achieve financial independence, good health and greater involvement in community life. All programs are free of charge.
Our Vision: Every person in Dane County will have the literacy skills needed to independently pursue their life goals, support their family and be active in their community.
Founded in 1974 as a non-profit organization, Literacy Network has been a United Way Agency since 1979. Literacy Network is also a member of Wisconsin Literacy.
ESL Program Introduction
Literacy Network offers three options for learning English:
1. Group Classes: English as a Second Language Levels 1, 2, and 3. All classes are free; some also offer free childcare. We also offer Citizenship Class, English for Work, English for Parents or Driver's Education ESL.
2. Personal Tutoring: After you go to Community Tutoring or Group Classes four times in a month, you can be matched with a personal tutor, who will meet with you every week, when and where you prefer.
3. Group Tutoring: Meet a tutor in a community classroom every week at the same time! Work on a lesson that is made just for you. Childcare is provided. You can study in Community Literacy for 2 hours per week.
- Number of ESL Students: 250-300
- Average Class Size: 15
- Hours per Week: 3
- Minimum Age: 18 yrs
- Housing Options:
- School Setting: Urban
Schedule & Fees
Group classes are offered throughout the year and offer open enrollment, which means you can start attending anytime.
If you are interested in Group Tutoring or a Personal Tutor, please contact our office and we can enroll you in our program: 608.244.3911
Special Courses & Features
- Conversation Partner Program
- One-to-One Instruction / Private Lessons
1118 S. Park St.
Madison, WI 53715
Tel (608) 244-3911